Friday, April 1, 2016

One more effort to revamp the blog!

I tried in 2014 to make an effort to revamp my blog and not only do I have a difficult time keeping up with my personal blog, but this one has taken the back seat for quite some time. I've decided to make one more effort to bring it back in hopes to share some of my recent and upcoming work.

I've mentioned before that I got into photography in 2008 after my daughter's newborn session that I hired done in Houston. I wasn't allowed access to the digital files, which I didn't like and the prints were outrageously expensive. So-after lots of trial and error, online photography classes, and in person seminars, I have learned a lot over the past 8 years. I still love to do it but no longer do it or view it as an occupation. Rather a hobby which I can share the benefits with others. I do not advertise and I do not wish to occupy every evening and weekend taking photos. I simply enjoy taking photos for others who appreciate my time and art created with their portraits.

My specialty...well-that's a tough question. I have pretty much done all types of photos; newborn, toddlers, children, teens, seniors, families, couples, even a couple weddings. I enjoy all of it! Since I have done more newborn sessions than any other kind, I consider that as my specialty. I have a way with babies and have a system during my newborn sessions to keep things moving smoothly and efficiently. These sessions do take about 2 hours on average, but that's totally necessary to set up, get the baby asleep and allow for lots of pee pee and poopie cleanup.

So-why am I writing this post? Lots of things have changed over the last 8 years. I have been in and out of photography for others, owned a business in Texas, stopped the business when I moved to Tennessee, tried to start it back up in Tennessee and then quickly realized why I stopped it in the first place, and now I've found a happy medium. Photography for me is fun. It's a hobby and I want to keep it that way. Therefore, I only do select sessions with select friends and family and friends of friends. My fees are very minimal and only cover my costs of prints and no profits are made.

I hope you will start enjoying my updated posts with some of my updated work and older work that's never been shared!

Cheers-
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment